Monday, November 1, 2010
Free at Last
For the first time in my life...I really feel like I'm not dependant on anyone. Its a nice feeling. It feels like every time I get out of a relationship, I tell myself I'm going to do it...I'm going to be okay being completely by myself (no depending on friends, or guys) and grow as a individual, but then I meet someone or rely way too heavily upon my best friends and that goes out the window. Not this time though. I have no guy in my life, and my best friends are busy in their own lives. I'm not going to pretend this new achievement is all my own doing...It happened last month when I was confronted with the only issue from my past that I still haven't learned to deal with and that has pretty much defined my life and character since it happened(even though its been over a year) it ended with confrontation, and I was genuinely a mess, I felt like I couldn't even breathe. I dealt with it completely on my own and it felt so liberating. I really don't need anyone, I'll always be okay on my own. I'll always figure it out. I'm not saying that I don't have people in my life that will be there for me who I appreciate more than anything...I do. I just think its important for everyone to learn to be okay not needing anyone...and after a long conversation with a friend who has been w/ her bf so long she thinks she's completely socially dependant on him...I realized I had achieved my goal. To all the girls(or guys) that sit around and talk about how they want a boyfriend(or girlfriend), or need someone to call them and ask how their day was, or have that one friend they feel the need to share EVERY instance of their life with...goodluck....you should know its quite liberating...give it a try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment